Belzona 5815 is a two-component, solvent-free, and flexible coating system designed for protecting non-metallic and metallic surfaces.
This barrier coating provides a cost-effective solution for substrates exposed to short-term chemical immersion or accidental spillages.
Due to its enhanced elongation, Belzona 5815 can accommodate anticipated movement in building materials such as concrete and carbon steel.
The coating can be applied by brush, roller, squeegee, and airless spray equipment. It is available in two distinctive colors, gray and khaki, to aid application of the two-coat system.
Key Features and Benefits
- Solvent-free coating
Very low shrinkage during curing - film thickness remains almost identical before and after curing
- Available in two distinctive colors
Easy coverage of first and second coat
- Greater elongation than that of other Belzona products in the 5000 Series
Product can accommodate typical movement of building materials such as concrete and steel
- Pull-off adhesion strength values in excess of 2,000 psi (13.8 MPa) on concrete and steel
Great mechanical anchoring to concrete, cementitious, and steel substrates
- Designed with cost-effective raw materials
Economical solution for protecting surfaces in contact with relatively benign chemicals such as dilute aqueous solutions, fuels, and oils
- Excellent chemical resistance to dilute aqueous solutions
Ease of application onto large areas using airless spray equipment
- Tested for application by brush, roller, and airless spray
Ideal for protecting secondary containment of dilute aqueous solutions, oils, and fuels
- Secondary containment areas
- Concrete bases, plinths and casings
- Chemical drains and channels
- Chemical transfer and holding areas
- Acid retaining walls
- Cooling tower sections subject to movement
*Availability varies by region. Contact your local Distributor for more information.